Tuesday 8 July 2008

Davina recommends marriage counseling

'Big Brother' presenter Davina McCall has spoken openly about having marriage counseling, saying that she recommends it.
The 39-year-old star told Marie Claire magazine that she and husband Matthew Robertson sought professional help during a difficult patch in their marriage.
She said: "We had this stumbling block and every time we started talking about it, we'd have a row,"
"So we needed a mediator to say 'Hang on a minute, let Matthew talk. Right Davina, how do you feel?'."
"Afterwards we were like, 'Blimey. We've achieved in 90 minutes what we've been trying to talk about for 6 weeks'."
McCall said that she was so impressed with counseling that she has since recommended it to other people.
"It was the best thing we've done and I've recommended it to a lot of friends."
"I can't imagine ever being with anybody else now. I'm so ensconced with Matthew I don't know what I'd do without him. I'd be lost."
The couple have three children together, 7-year-old Holly, 4-year-old Tilly and 2-year-old Chester.